All conference guests should be aware of the following information provided by Conference Services.
Behavior - Please be considerate of others by maintaining quiet in your dormitory room and in the hallways after 8:00pm.
No Smoking - Smoking is not allowed inside any building on campus. Please smoke outdoors. Please make sure to properly extinguish the cigarette before throwing it into any trash receptacle.
Room Keys and Access Cards - Keep your room key and access card with you. Return your key and access card to your sponsor at the end of the conference. Keys and access cards are property of Texas A&M University and are the responsibility of the guest to whom they are issued. If lost or not returned, you will be billed $50.00 for the key and $10.00 for the access card. Carry your key and card with you as the outside doors are locked 24-hours a day. Do not prop the doors open as this poses a security risk to guests as well as triggers a loud alarm.
Telephones - As of the fall 2008 semester, the residence halls and Corps dormitories no longer have active telephone service. To provide adequate phone service for emergency use, a "public hallway" phone has been installed on each floor of the Corps dormitories. Each "public hallway" phone allows for out-going calls only. The location varies by building and stairwell.
Departure Day - Check-out time is 12:00pm (noon) unless prior arrangements have been made. Please leave any University linen and towels in the bathroom, make sure you have all your belongings and remove trash to the containers in the hallways.
Decorations/Posters/Signs - Posting signs and poster material is NOT permitted. Masking or scotch tape, thumbtacks or hooks on furniture, painted walls, ceiling or doors are not allowed. Glitter is not to be used inside the dormitories.
Recreation Equipment - Pool tables in the Commons Lobby (south campus) are available on a first-come basis. Guests must leave their keys at the Conference Help Desk while equipment is checked out. Youths must be 12 years old to use this equipment and be supervised by an adult counselor. If equipment is damaged, a replacement fee will be charged.
Gambling - Gambling of any sort, where money is being wagered and exchanged, is not allowed.
Vending - Vending machines are located on the first floor of every Corps dormitory.
Fire - In case of fire, activate manual (fire alarm) pull station. Leave the building using the nearest exit and call 9-911. Do not tamper with equipment, including smoke detectors and fire alarms.
Personal Safety - Lock your doors, even if you are in the room. Do not leave valuables in our room when you are out. Please immediately report any missing items, suspicious persons or activities to your sponsor and the conference staff.
Rooms - Please leave furniture and mattresses in original position in each room. Ceiling tiles and smoke detectors are not to be disturbed. Notify your sponsor immediately if there is damage in your room when you check in so you will not be charged in error. All available rooms will have sufficient furniture (i.e., bunk-beds, dressers, desk and chairs). In some rooms, the bunk-beds were separated to form two separate beds. The heating/cooking unit as well as sink and lighting should be operational. There are no telephones in the rooms. However, the room is fitted with an active telephone line for modem dial-up usage (local calls only; dial 9 for an outside line). The following is a check-list for our guests:
- Guest is responsible for room key and electronic access card;
- Guest is not permitted to change rooms after check-in;
- Furniture should remain in the room;
- Guest should familiarize himself/herself with all emergency exits;
- For safety and security, guests should lock the door regardless if he/she is in the room or not;
- Under no circumstance should a guest open the wooden panel housing the heating/cooling unit. In some rooms, the lock for the wooden panel has either malfunctioned or was removed. Regardless, the wooden panel should remain closed;
- The room window is to remain closed;
- There is NO SMOKING in the rooms, hallways and common areas (i.e., restrooms and vending areas) within the dorm. Due to the sensitivity of the smoke and heat sensors, guests using hairspray should use the spray in the restroom rather than inside the room.
Custodial/Maintenance - Staff members are available Monday-Friday. If there is a problem with your room, please contact a conference staff member or the 24-hour conference help desk at 845-2821 for assistance. The summer is a time when repairs are done in all residence halls; therefore, you may be inconvenienced periodically by work being done in your room or hallway. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, and we will post signs to notify you in advance whenever possible.
Mail - Mail slots are located in the Commons Lobby near the lounges or at one of the local post offices.
Preparation for Check-Out - In preparation for check out, all guests need to:
- Ensure all personal belongings have been removed from the room. Corps Housing is not responsible for any items left behind after check-out;
- Remove all trash from the room. Trash receptacles are located at either end of the hallway;
- Lock the door upon departure and return the key and electronic access card to the Conference Group Leader. All keys and electronic access cards must be accounted for. Guests should not leave the key in the room during check-out.
Helpful Phone Numbers:
- TAMU Emergency Assistance: 9-911 (911 on cell phones)
- University Police Department (non-emergency): 845-2345
- Conference Help Desk (979-845-2821)
- North Area Office (845-4768) (Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm)
- South Area Office (845-2235) (Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm)
- Conference Services (845-1279) (Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm)
- Corps Housing Office (845-3443) (Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm)
- Campus Information (845-3211)