Corps Maintenace Room Entry PolicyThe University recognizes residents' desire for privacy, particularly in the context of their group living situation, and will do all it can to protect and guarantee their privacy. However, the University, through a Corps Housing staff member, reserves the right to enter a resident's room at any time for the following purposes:
1. To determine compliance with all relevant health and safety regulations.
a. Announced EHSD room safety inspections will be conducted each fall. This will be followed by a scheduled inspection to ensure compliance.
2. To provide cleaning and/or maintenance.
3. To conduct an inventory of University property.
4. There is an indication of imminent danger to life, health, and/or property.
5. There is a reasonable cause to believe that a violation of University or Housing Regulations is occurring.
6. To search for missing property.
7. To conduct a general inspection of the room as required by the Office of the Commandant.
Items that violate University or Housing regulations will be confiscated. Examples of items that may be confiscated include, but are not limited to, candles, unapproved appliances, pets, alcohol, weapons, extension cords/muti-adapter without a breaker, drugs and drug paraphernalia. A room search by a designated Corps Housing staff member, including student workers, is possible. All cadets should expect their room to be inspected over the Christmas holiday. This inspection will include the interior of every room including the closets. The purpose of this inspection is to make sure the heating/AC access panel is accessible by Physical Plant should the need arise as well as to ensure that there are no leaks in the room.